Slovenia is a remarkably beautiful country with exceptional food and wine. In our week-long exploration of the area, we will get to know the typical foods, grape varietals, and people of this lush landscape.
Our first four and final nights will be spent in the charming city of Ljubljana and we will use the city as our base as we explore the towns such as Piran and Ptuj and visit wineries in the Istria and Haloze regions, Two nights will be spent in the idyllic Vipava Valley at an eco-lodge with an incredible restaurant, and from this base we will visit the winegrowing area in Vipava and also in Goriska Brda. We will consume many luscious meals and try some incredible wines while enjoying some of the most beautiful scenery in Europe.
- A visit to the famous Postojna cave and nearby Predjama castle
- Several wine tastings in various parts of the country
- Farm to table lunches and rustic, traditional dinners
- A pleasant hike along the famous Vintgar Gorge, followed by a gourmet picnic on Lake Bled
- A guided food tour of Ljubljana
To reserve your spot, e-mail Shannon@GrapeHops.com or call (805) 886-1551.