Slovenia is a remarkably beautiful country with exceptional food and wine. In our week-long exploration of the area, we will get to know the typical foods, grape varietals, and people of this lush landscape.
We will start the tour in the charming city of Ljubljana, Slovenia, and will use the city as our base as we explore the wines and foods and visit some areas of remarkable natural beauty.
Some highlights of the trip:
- Winery tours and tastings at Movia, SvetiMartin, Tilia Winery
and more (wineries subject to change.)
- Visits to Maribor and Piran
- An overview of Slovenian wine at the Vipava Wine Center
- Farm to table lunches and rustic, traditional dinners
- A pleasant hike along the famous Vintgar Gorge, followed by a gourmet picnic on Lake Bled
- A guided food tour of Ljubljana
To reserve your spot, e-mail Shannon@GrapeHops.com or call (805) 886-1551.