Join GrapeHops Tours for a new adventure – Northern Portugal. This beautiful area of the world is home to several wine regions and a rich cultural and gastronomic scene.
We will start out in the city of Porto for two nights, where you will get to know both sides of the Douro river (Porto, and Vila Nova de Gaia where the Port wine houses are.) We will then venture north to the Vinho Verde area, where we will base for three nights in the town of Ponte do Lima to visit some wineries, towns and sights in this tranquil region. Then it is on to the stunning Douro Valley, where the grapevines cascade down steep terraces to the river, for three nights. Our final night we will end up back in Porto, for our final meal together.
Some highlights of the trip:
- A guided tour of Porto with several stops for food and wine
- A visit to a Port producer or two, in Vila Nova de Gaia
- Picnics, meals, and/or tastings at several wineries
- Plenty of education on how Port is made and how to taste it
- A boat trip on the Douro river
- Visits to the cities of Braga and Guimarães
- A visit to the prehistoric rock drawings of the Côa Valley
- Plus much more!
Note: If you are a group of four or more and have a specific time you would like to travel, please get in touch!
To reserve your spot, e-mail Shannon@GrapeHops.com or call (805) 886-1551.